“Everyone has a purpose in life . . . a unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals” – Deepak Chopra
When we start living from a place of alignment and by listening to the truth within our soul, we can begin to question the entire purpose of our life.
“What is my purpose?’ – is something I have asked myself many times and it’s something I hear a lot from clients too. They know they were meant for more than the life they are living, but they don’t know how to tap into that, or even where to begin in terms of putting it into practice. Something is calling them, but they are not sure what…. its like having a feeling that you have forgotten something, or you were meant to be somewhere, but it has slipped your mind! Amongst all the emotional anguish that life can throw at us, I am always surprised by the intensity of feeling that comes up when people feel a lack of direction, clarity or focus.
We question everything, because we need to know there is a reason for the things we are feeling or experiencing.
One of my biggest beliefs is that life has happened for me, not to me – I know that I chose to be here at this time and in this place, because it would allow me to grow into the person that I’m meant to be. That being said, I have also been driven to know what the bigger purpose was in my life. I knew at a very deep level that I was always meant to change the world in some significant way and although many people do this simply through being a kind and loving person, I knew my calling was much bigger!
For a few years this bigger calling was unclear to me, I had inklings from time to time and I would often feel pure joy and bliss, but I couldn’t quite define or articulate my calling. I can remember times where I was terrified to take action in case I went in the wrong direction. Not being able to bring this calling into my reality would often cause me a great deal of emotional pain, which then lead to procrastination, fear and a total lack of confidence in my abilities and in myself!
Feeling alone and lost was quite a regular occurrence!
I believe that part of knowing your purpose, is knowing at a deep level who you are, and this is why it is so hard. So many of us, don’t know who we are anymore and this is why it is so confusing. If this sounds like you, then take some time to work through the questions I have shared below and make sure you watch the EFT video too!
When looking for the deeper meaning and purpose of your life, it can be very easy to watch what other people are doing and feel that because they have made it a success and seem happy, that their path must be the one to take!
A word of warning – no matter how hard your journey, no matter how difficult it is to listen and trust yourself, never copy the path of another, because this is not you being authentic and try as you might, you will find it hard to replicate their success or joy…. Joseph Campbell, talks about this in the Hero’s Journey… (well worth finding out more about!)
“You enter the forest, at the darkest point, where there is no path. Where there is a way or path, it is someone else’s path. You are not on your own path. If you follow someone else’s way, you are not going to realize your potential.”
How can I uncover my life purpose?
Life purpose can be very different for everyone, and it’s also very personal. Some people may decide that they want to change the way that people think, while others may decide they want to be the best possible mum, friend, sister they could be. It’s no less credible to say you want to show up every day and just be the best you, we have all chosen to be here at this time for different reasons. Never put pressure on yourself to be something you are not and by the same token, don’t hold yourself back because those closet to you are! There is nothing kind, brave and courageous about playing small to make others feel better – you have a responsibility to fulfill your purpose. The world needs you and that is why you have been blessed with your unique gifts!
“You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.” – Steve Maraboli
The things that make you truly happy are the things that help you connect to your soul, these are an authentic expression of who you really are. There is a big difference between things you are good at and the things that make you feel vibrant and alive. This is the playing ground of the soul and this is where your purpose lies!
Some questions to help and then it’s time for an EFT video:
- Reflect on your values, what you love to do and what you are truly passionate about
- How do you want to feel every day?
- What is most important to you?
- When do you feel truly happy?
- When do you lose all track of time?
- What are your natural born talents?
- What do you tend to do in your spare time or for fun?
- What sort of people do you enjoy being around?
- What do you like to read or watch on the TV? What blogs will you always take the time to read? Who do you follow on social media and why?
- If money were no object, what would you do with your time?
- If there was one thing that you wish everyone knew, what would it be?
- What angers and frustrates you most in life? Where do you have the strongest opinions?
Try this EFT video that I created last year for my community – it’s all about rediscovering who you are and connecting with your purpose.
Please make the time to reflect on these questions and do the EFT video more than once. Remember that procrastination and sitting back will not help you to answer the above questions and it will not give you the complete clarity you crave – only taking action will! You will discover what you like and what you don’t like, plus you will gain experience and resilience.
Too many people remain stuck because they are terrified of going off in the wrong direction, don’t let this be you, because there is no wrong direction. If you choose to believe that you are lacking clarity and stuck, that is exactly how you will feel and what you will manifest. Decide that you want to be curious about life and your calling and that you are going to show up each and every day and just see what happens.
If you’re getting in your own way when it comes to living your life purpose and sharing your gifts and talents with the world, and you’re ready to work on your self belief and self confidence – then check out how we can work together below. I will help you to banish negativity, self doubt and self sabotage and finally help you to take action – remember, the world has been waiting long enough.
- My Healing Membership (Originally called ALIGN) – A community for Sensitive Souls / Empaths / Introverts – This is the perfect healing hub to help you with your energy and emotions as you navigate all elements of life. I will help you to understand your sensitivity and energy and be able to make more aligned and conscious choices, which ultimately mean you experience more health, wealth and happiness in your life and business. There are weekly breathwork classes, 2 EFT Sessions & Energy Healing sessions every month, daily access to me, a library of over 230 EFT scripts, stacks of meditations and content to help and support you. Now more than ever we need connection with genuine, like minded people and this membership is perfect for that.
- PRIVATE SESSIONS – Whether you need support with a particular situation, achieving a big goal, or because you need someone to hold space for you as you support others, my private sessions will be perfect for you. It will give you the accountability and support you need to create the life and emotional mindset you truly desire. You’ll have my full support between sessions to ensure you’re moving forward.
If you have any questions then just let me know.
Until next time!
Intuitive Mindset Coach & Energy Healer for the Sensitive Soul – Helping you banish negativity, self-doubt & self-sabotage forever – it’s time to believe in yourself, take action and create the life you deserve