For many women it is as simple as saying – ‘I am no longer happy with the life I am living, it is not acceptable to me and something has to change!’
I heard these very words from a client of mine this week and I knew exactly what she was going through, because every time I go through big shifts in life, I have that same feeling.
Its like you can finally see the light and there is no going back.
Which can actually feel pretty frustrating, because as they say ‘ignorance is bliss’. We didn’t perceive anything as being wrong before, so we didn’t question anything. We hadn’t considered our self worth or whether we deserved more, we just assumed this was ‘our lot’. We had reached a point of acceptance, even though inside we were a little disappointed!
Suddenly feeling into the person we could be and the life we could live, makes us feel a little sad and quite often angry and resentful that we let things get to this point… I am just giving you the heads up, so you are not surprised!
You can’t believe the way you allowed people to walk all over you and you wondered how you could have been so passive…I remember the moment I realised I had been playing a victim and I was beyond mortified!
In case you are wondering, the following are all very normal:
- You wonder how your relationship could ever have got to this state. You let your partner talk to you, or treat you in a way that is totally unacceptable.
- You look around and notice that you are spending time with un-supportive and self-involved friends, who are not going in the same direction as you. You spent time with them because it felt familiar, although now being with them is just a bit icky and drags you down.
- You realise that your job no longer reflects who you are or the value you want to provide in this world.
- Your physical health is far from ideal and you have no energy to get through the day.
- Your mind is more evil to you, than any enemy!
Here are 6 tips to help you accept the past and get rid of those feelings of sadness, anger and resentment….
- Do some forgiveness work – towards yourself and others
- Know that you made the best decisions you could in the moment
- Recognise that you wanted to see the best in people
- Ask yourself what you have learnt from this and how you can choose differently in the future
- Don’t suppress how you feel. Letting yourself feel into the emotions, is all part of letting them go
- Be excited and full of wonder about what the future holds for you
When you start working on your self-esteem, it is the start of the most important journey you will ever take. Nothing stays the same and although this can feel terrifying, it s the most freeing feeling you will ever have… finally you can be you! Without exception, without apology and without the need for anyone else to agree with you, accept you, or like you!
You finally accept that you are meant for more and that you are capable of achieving it.
It’s time to shake things up, and its time to make some choices that are scary and uncomfortable.
Remember, I believe in you and you don’t have to do this alone.
Until next time!
Mindset Coach, EFT Practitioner & Energy Healer for the Sensitive Soul
Helping you banish negativity, self-doubt & self-sabotage forever – it’s time to believe in yourself, take action and create the life you deserve.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest