Are you tired of being a people pleaser?
“Stress, anxiety and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
How true this quote is and as a recovering people pleaser, I learnt the hard way how pointless people pleasing can be. When you sacrifice yourself at the expense of others, you rarely get your deeper needs met, by those you’re bending over backwards for, you just end up stressed, anxious and depressed; it’s an exhausting way to live.
In those moments we’re not speaking up for ourselves, or even being ourselves. We’re so worried what other people might think or say about us, that we decide it’s easier to conform, avoid conflict and just do what pleases others. We contort ourselves into being someone that makes them happier and more comfortable.
Just think about the woman who is so desperate to ensure that everyone around her is happy, that she puts her needs last. She becomes the daughter, wife, mother, sister and friend that those around her need her to be, what she thinks and what she needs doesn’t even come into it. The only trouble is, this is not who she is and so now she feels uncomfortable in her own skin. She is emotionally and physically exhausted because her boundaries are being over stepped and she is not living in a place of truth and alignment. She begins to lose who she is and questions herself at every turn. She is lost and confused and this is when I tend to hear clients say ‘I don’t know who I am anymore’.
Very often it then leads to anger, resentment, hurt and disappointment towards the very people you have been trying to please for so long….. family, friends and clients. You struggle to understand how someone could have treated you like that, when you always put them first. The stress, anxiety and sadness builds and you can become like a volcano waiting to erupt.
Let’s see if this could be you:
- Saying yes when you really want to say no
- Changing your own plans to accommodate someone else
- Not speaking up when you disagree with someone, or when they have crossed your line
- Doing something that violates your boundaries, values and beliefs
- Being afraid to express what you want and need
- Struggling to be authentically yourself
Remember people pleasing often doesn’t even guarantee that you will get your needs met, so why waste your time on people who do not have your best interests at heart?
Putting others first and people pleasing is so common and for some it can be linked to a trauma response called fawning. We want to feel secure in our relationships or connections, so we choose attachment to the person or group, over being authentically ourselves. We fear that being ourselves could lead to conflict, disagreements or even been excluded. We don’t trust enough in the strength of the relationship.
If you’re tired of being a people pleaser and you feel ready to drop the stress, anxiety and depression, then let me help.
- MY HEALING MEMBERSHIP – A community for Sensitive Souls / Empaths / Introverts – This is the perfect healing hub to help you with your energy and emotions as you navigate all elements of life. I will help you to understand your sensitivity and energy and be able to make more aligned and conscious choices, which ultimately mean you experience more health, wealth and happiness in your life and business. There are regular breathwork classes, 2 EFT Sessions & Energy Healing sessions every month, daily access to me, a library of over 230 EFT scripts, stacks of meditations and content to help and support you. Now more than ever we need connection with genuine, like minded people and this membership is perfect for that.
- PRIVATE SESSIONS – Whether you need support with a particular situation, achieving a big goal, or because you need someone to hold space for you as you support others, my private sessions will be perfect for you. It will give you the accountability and support you need to create the life and emotional mindset you truly desire. You’ll have my full support between sessions to ensure you’re moving forward.
- EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH – is my new group experience and it’s all about finding your voice and expressing your truth. It’s something that I know is needed in the world right now, because too many women are struggling with speaking up, setting boundaries, embarking on people pleasing habits and they’re not living their most authentic life. Choices are being made from a place of fear, old conditioning and sometimes trauma and I want to help people move past this. I truly believe that part of being able to show up consistently in your business, benefit from reliable income and allow yourself expansion, is to feel safe and confidence in who you are, what you believe in and have the ability to voice that.You also need to feel safe in your body… safe to embrace change, growth and expansion. Safe to deal with failure, conflict and set backs…. if the body doesn’t feel safe, then the subconscious mind often goes into protective mode and this is when we see sabotage, procrastination, hiding in the shadows and that inner voice getting rather loud.
If you have any questions then just let me know.
Until next time!
Intuitive Mindset Coach & Energy Healer for the highly sensitive woman – Helping you to find your voice and speak your truth. Restore your confidence and increase your self belief & intuition, because it’s time to live an aligned and authentic life!