Is it hard to speak up and set boundaries?
“Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” (Brene Brown)
Some people just intuitively know how far they can push us and exactly what to say or do, to get what they want or need. It can leave us feeling exhausted, violated and completely under appreciated. This can happen in our personal life and in our business.
Does this sound like you?
- You want to assert yourself, but you’re scared to speak your truth and you fear judgement, rejection and criticism.
- You want to have the freedom to choose what’s best for you, but instead you put the other person first, choosing to keep the peace and avoiding conflict.
- You want people to like you and so whatever they need, you’re there for them. Even when your body is crying out for you to stop and there are things you need to do for yourself.
- You feel like everyone is taking advantage of you… your friends, clients, colleagues and even your family.
- You’re so angry at yourself for being weak and not standing your ground, but every time you decide that today is the day you’ll be brave and say no or speak your truth, you give in or procrastinate.
It’s so confusing and exhausting. You end up feeling resentful at the people who are taking advantage of you, but in reality, you’re the one allowing it. I want you to know that you’re not alone in this, and often our choices are a trauma response. It’s why it’s so unhelpful when people say ‘just speak up and say no’, ‘what are you waiting for?’, or ‘why is this such a big deal?’. Sometimes we just don’t know consciously, but our body is definitely remembering something and so it’s coming from a place of fear and survival.
To feel truly free, happy and in alignment with ourselves, we need to have boundaries. Otherwise we can lose sight of who we are and why we’re here. This is even more important to the sensitive souls among us, because we always put others first, thinking we’re selfish by standing our ground or asserting our boundaries.
Can you imagine how different life would feel and be for you, if you said how you really felt, if you did what was right for you and if you knew how to manage your own energy. The toxic people would fall away, you would be making choices that make you happy and you would find yourself deeply connected to yourself and all of life again.
If this sounds like you, there are two simple things that you can begin to do:
- Get very clear on what your boundaries are, and what behaviour is and is not okay from others.
- Notice how it feels in your body when someone has crossed a boundary? This will help you to recognise when it’s happening.
To get this process started, I’ve create a new EFT script for you to try – I’m scared to speak up – try this to see if anything resonates for you and to begin the process of finding your voice and speaking your truth. I would love to know how this belief impacts you right now.
If this post and this topic has resonated for you, and you know that this is the year for speaking up and showing up, then I’ve shared how you can work with me below.
- My Healing Membership – A community for Sensitive Souls / Empaths / Introverts – This is the perfect healing hub to help you with your energy and emotions as you navigate all elements of life. I will help you to understand your sensitivity and energy and be able to make more aligned and conscious choices, which ultimately mean you experience more health, wealth and happiness in your life and business. There are regular breathwork classes, 2 EFT Sessions & Energy Healing sessions every month, daily access to me, a library of over 230 EFT scripts, stacks of meditations and content to help and support you. Now more than ever we need connection with genuine, like minded people and this membership is perfect for that.
- PRIVATE SESSIONS – Whether you need support with a particular situation, achieving a big goal, or because you need someone to hold space for you as you support others, my private sessions will be perfect for you. It will give you the accountability and support you need to create the life and emotional mindset you truly desire. You’ll have my full support between sessions to ensure you’re moving forward.
- EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH – is my new group experience and it’s all about finding your voice and expressing your truth. It’s something that I know is needed in the world right now, because too many women are struggling with speaking up, setting boundaries, embarking on people pleasing habits and they’re not living their most authentic life. Choices are being made from a place of fear, old conditioning and sometimes trauma and I want to help people move past this. I truly believe that part of being able to show up consistently in your business, benefit from reliable income and allow yourself expansion, is to feel safe and confidence in who you are, what you believe in and have the ability to voice that.You also need to feel safe in your body… safe to embrace change, growth and expansion. Safe to deal with failure, conflict and set backs…. if the body doesn’t feel safe, then the subconscious mind often goes into protective mode and this is when we see sabotage, procrastination, hiding in the shadows and that inner voice getting rather loud.
If you have any questions then just let me know.
Until next time!
Intuitive Mindset Coach & Energy Healer for the highly sensitive woman – Helping you to find your voice and speak your truth. Restore your confidence and increase your self belief & intuition, because it’s time to live an aligned and authentic life!