We’re all guilty of making excuses about why we can’t take action…. yes, I’m looking at you!!! But you have to stop this if you ever want to achieve your dreams. No one can, or will do it for you – this is just reality! If you don’t care enough to take action, why should others.
I know you don’t have the energy and motivation right now, but only you can decide to stop the procrastination and self sabotage. This is your life and you’re always in control, even when you’re going round in circles and stubbornly refusing to make a decision.
I know you’re a creative woman too, so I bet you’re coming up with some fantastic excuses as to why you can’t make decisions or take action:
- Today doesn’t feel right
- I don’t have any energy, I’ll get an early night and tackle it tomorrow
- I’m not feeling creative and don’t know what to say or write, so I’ll wait and see what tomorrow brings
- I don’t think I could cope with criticism or judgement today, I’ll leave it until I feel more confident
- I think it would be good for me to have another day of doing nothing… just to recharge my batteries
- I need to do more healing on myself before I’m ready or strong enough
- There is so much that needs doing around the house
- I can’t do this on my own
- The kids need my attention
The list of excuses is endless and maybe reading these now you’re getting a little emotionally triggered, because what the hell do I know about you, your life and how you feel!
The thing is lovely lady, I have used every single one of these excuses to avoid taking action, or making decisions.
At the time I fully believed that what I was saying was true and valid… but as I look back now, I can see that I was lost, scared and terrified of having the very life I craved!
I was sabotaging my own life, because I was unsure about who I would have to become to have it all and the actions ‘that’ person would need to take.
I was stuck in procrastination, blame and total fear… I felt powerless and because of this life held no real joy. I often felt emotionally empty because life felt like it was slipping away and leaving me behind. I wanted more and yet I was still battling with my own internal conflicts and fears.
I knew I had a choice to make – pretty much like you do now!
So, I decided that I was going to shape and create my life in way that made sense to me, I was going to own my dreams and take action every day in making them happen. I was no longer going to settle for anything less than I deserved in every area of my life. Each drain on me was getting plugged and I was breaking through to that next level, what ever it took.
Is every day a picnic?? No…. but I am no longer at the mercy of limited thinking and a mind that controls me.
- I am more at peace than ever before and I trust in the natural order of things.
- I only spend time with people who accept me fully, are totally on the same wave length as me and who inspire and motivate me – seriously why would you spend time with anyone else anyway!
- I earn more money working less hours – really enjoying this one!
- I have a plan to help me achieve my dream life and I know exactly what I have to do every day to make it happen.
- I’m now having more fun and connecting to who I really am again and boy did I need that.
- I’m treating my body with the respect it deserves and because of that, I now have more energy and vitality than ever.
So……what are you waiting for?
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no perfect time! There will always be something that you could use as an excuse not to take action, not to show up, not to have that conversation, basically not to live the life you truly want and deserve!
Sometimes you just have to wake up and own it.
Aren’t you bored of waiting?
• If you’re waiting for permission, you could be waiting forever. No one cares about your dreams like you do.
• If you’re waiting to feel ready and brave, you’ll always find an excuse to hide for a bit longer.
• If you’re waiting to have more money…. well, we all know how that goes, because there’s a million things you could spend your cash on. Question is are you ready for it to be you?
• If you’re waiting for a sign…. well, reading this is a pretty big one!!
Whatever it is you’ve been putting off, decide that you’re ready and this is your perfect moment!
Helping women to work through and release all their emotional and energetic blocks is what I do best. If you need help with getting started, connecting with your personal power and self belief, facing your fears and taking action regardless, then makes sure you check out the ways I can help below!
I believe in you, it’s time you did too!
Until next time!
EFT Practitioner & Energy Worker
Helping the empowered woman who is ready to banish negativity, self-doubt & self-sabotage forever – time to believe in yourself and take action!